1. I bought an unfinished 3-D wooden block from the Canvas/Painting Supply Section from Michaels.
2. Use whatever color paint you want, I obviously chose white and paint until you achieve the desired coverage.
3. Use sandpaper to add texture to the edges and corners. I like that shabby chic vibe.
4. I used patterned scrapbook papers to cut cute birds out on my Cricut using the Simply Charmed Cartridge.
5. I used sheets of black vinyl from Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section to cut out the letters on my Cricut as well, using the Candy Font Cartridge (thanks Michael!).
6. Peel and stick vinyl letters to surface of painted block, and use Tacky Glue to glue birds.
7. TA DA!